Running a business comes with a set of responsibilities and challenges. People aim to stay at the top of their game, and more often than not try to control everything all at once. But they seem to forget that not everything can be handled at the same time. As a result, things tend to get out of hands and mistakes happen. Making a mistake is okay as long as you know how to fix it. And the best way to start is by apologizing. In business, sending an apology mail to client is how you take the first step towards making things right.
Click here to read a more detailed guide on Apology Letter Format, Samples, Tips.
But before you start writing your apology mail, make sure it encompasses each of the following elements:
- Say Sorry: As obvious as it sounds, starting off with the good old “We are sorry” is the best way to start your letter.
- Acceptance: Accept your mistake. Do not make it sound like you are doing your client a favor by apologizing to them. Show them that you are owning up to your mistakes and ready to make things right.
- Plan of Action: Make sure you have a plan ready to make things right. Tell them how you will fix whatever went wrong. You will regain their trust by showing transparency in how you plan on tackling the problem.
- Acknowledge their goal: Each client will have a goal they wish to achieve. Acknowledge it by mentioning that you are aware that the mistake you made has slowed down their progress. A simple acknowledgment might make them believe how sincerely apologetic you are.
- Sincere Promise: Make a sincere promise to never let this kind of error repeat in the future. Tell them you are going to be extra cautious from now on and never let this kind of thing happen ever again.
- Ask Forgiveness: And lastly, remember to ask them for their forgiveness. It will not only prove how genuinely sorry you are but also show that you are sincere in making this effort to apologize formally. Moreover, it will show that you want to continue doing business with them and hope that they want the same thing.
Sample Apology Mail To Client:
Subject: Apology Letter
Dear Mr./Ms./Mrs. [Surname of the client],
Please accept my most sincere apology on behalf of our company [Company name]. We regret to learn that you were not satisfied with the software delivered to you on [Date & Day]. We understand that our development team should not have made any changes in the approved plan without seeking your validation.
We take full responsibility for our actions and understand how inconvenient this experience must have been for you. We would like to inform you that we plan on providing you with a newer version of the software without any extra cost as a gesture of appreciation from the company. Our team will get in touch with you as soon as possible to discuss the changes you would like to execute in the current version.
We would like to tell you that you are a valued client for us and hope to continue doing business with you. Moreover, we have put in new guidelines to ensure such mistakes are never repeated in the future.
If there are any further issues or confusion, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any other member of our team personally. We are always happy to help.